Although the south coast is in need of more rain, it does gladden the soul to see signs of Spring in the vineyard. The first buds have appeared on the Chardonnay with other vines only a couple of weeks away. This is early, but a recent bout of unseasonably warm weather may have prompted this burst of activity.
It does remind us also of the things we now need to get stuck into including:
- general tidy up around the vineyard for season to come,
- training new vines,
- replacing any old trellis posts that aren't going to make it through the next vintage,
- spraying of our organic miticide and insecticide,
- vineyard equipment maintenance and
- the very exciting process of bottling our Chardonnay - Rose - SSB, I'll show you a photo when this one is done!
I hope spring is doing what it needs to where you are and I look forward to a sunny afternoon on the deck with a glass of Chardonnay - Rose - SSB!